[TriLUG] Fw: WinXP vs RH 7.2

Brent Fox bfox at linuxheadquarters.com
Thu Nov 1 16:20:14 EST 2001

On Thursday 01 November 2001 02:28 pm, prhodes at vdsinc.com wrote:
> This is one feature I would ABSOLUTELY love to see implemented.  Situations
> where the installer dies are the main reason I was asking about the ability
> to save package selection ( among other things ) the other day.  In
> particular, I've spent 20 minutes before, doing package selection, then had
> the install fail, and then had to spend another 20 minutes doing that same
> package selection crap, before I could get going again.
>
> In all fairness, what was using SuSE, but the point is the same, regardless
> of the distro.  The ability of the installer to save state somehow, can be
> a HUGE help, if the install dies mid-way through.
>

> Please, please, please, implement this, if it isn't already there!

Great!  This sounds like a good idea.  Now if I could just convince you to
file this in Bugzilla at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/.  If you set
the Severity field in the bug entry form to "Enhancement", then it goes into
our queue of requested feature enhancements.  Some we have time to implement,
some we don't, and some are just bizarre.  :)  But this one sounds good.

Cheers,
   Brent