[TriLUG] proFTPD *newbie* question

Henryk M. Kowalski kowalski at easternrad.com
Thu Nov 1 19:27:09 EST 2001

Haim,

Thanks for the pointer.  I think I still need to  learn more about ftp in general to really understand how to set this up.  ;)
For instance: What does  the AuthUserFile password file actually need to contain?  Is it just a copy & paste combo of a few lines from /etc/passwd?
Does proFTP do its own authentication?  Does it use a PAM?  There are obviously big gaps in my understanding of this entire field.
BTW, do you personally have an opinion on using proFTP vs wuFTP?

To change subjects:
I'm sorry that I haven't been able to call all your references yet.  I will try to call them tomorrow.  I have discussed your visit with the other members of our technology committee and we will proceed with more due-diligence.
Have you thought about your last visit here any more?  Do you have any questions for me at this time?

--hmk