[TriLUG] Its official and I hope Bill Gate's wrist hurts so much it bleeds.

Sinner from the Prairy sinner_prairy at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 2 14:28:09 EST 2001

>From: rpjday <rpjday at mindspring.com>

>On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, acoliver wrote:

> > Well It looks like as expected they're getting off with a slap on the
>wrist
> > and an official "be nice boys" agreement.

>http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011102/ts/microsoft_settlement_dc_14.html

>yes, it looks like the justice department caved, but the states are not
>necessarily going to go along.  they're reserving judgement and may
>continue with their own legal action if they're not happy with the
>outcome.

Actualy, a few days ago, the 18 States hired a different lawyer. It is the
"USMC-Recon" version of a lawyer: a high-profile, tough and bold
kind-of-lawyer.

Hopefuly, he will stand up, go to the Court and start "a pas de charge" in
the old tradition of Perry Mason or so.

Salut,
Sinner
P.D.: they just ruined my week-end with this announcement!