[TriLUG] Audio (CD Ripping) docs?

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Sat Nov 3 20:06:53 EST 2001

A Dissabte 03 Novembre 2001 09:51 am, vàreu escriure:
> I've looked around a bit, and I'm not sure where to start looking
> for audio info under Linux.  I only recently got a sound card that
> works under Linux.  I have played CDs with KDE's CD player, but I
> have never done anything with mpeg/mp3/wav/etc.  So, I'm at the

> Thanks,
> ---Tom

Hi Tom

So what's the problem?

Do you need to play mp3 files and you do not know how?

Use XMMS  or FreeAmp. Sure they come with your Linux CD. Or you can get them
at their websites xmms.org and freeamp.org

Do you want to make mp3 files (ripping)?

Try abcde, bladeencoder , grip.... There are many:

http://freshmeat.net/search/?site=Freshmeat&q=mp3+encoder&section=projects

Do you need names of applications to play wav/mp3/ogg... files?

xmms, freeamp, KDE media player, mpg123 ....

I can play mp3, wav CD-audio files.... anything.

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.geocities.com/sinner_prairy/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Mandrake 8.1 - Kernel  2.4.8-26mdk     Linux Machine # 38068