[TriLUG] Re: TriLUG digest, Vol 1 #90 - 28 msgs

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at nc.rr.com
Sun Nov 4 10:11:27 EST 2001

http://news.excite.com/news/ap/011103/15/biz-microsoft-deal

Meanwhile, Microsoft makes all its websites IE 6 only, makes office and
all its products except windows error with "This Program Requires
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or better" (leaving users to wonder why
Mozilla doesn't work...being better and all) and requires its media
"partners" to use a new patented audio and video format complete with
"Active Rights Management" (patented) system that will only work on
media player. .  In a month the release a new fix that causes media
player not to work if RealPlayer is reinstalled and in the mean time
causes real player not to work.

Sound far fetched?  Half of it has already happened (if the other part
hasn't anyhow while I wasn't paying attention).

The good thing is we won't have anymore of that dern Information Anarchy
pheewww.  Having free control over my own information without good old
M$ to control it for me  was scary. (in case you missed "Information
Anarchy):http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/columns/security/noarch.asp

-Andy

cc: msfin at microsoft.com - as not ccing them would be depriving Microsoft
of my Information to govern and that would be "Information Anarchy"
(and its hard for them to innovate under such conditions).  As a modest
proposal, I suggest that Triluggers send all information to Microsoft
first and make sure they approve of it being posted.

--
www.superlinksoftware.com
			- fix java generics!

vote.