[TriLUG] Re: Sawfish, Enlightenment.. any RH 7.1 WM

Benjamin Scott bscott at ntisys.com
Mon Nov 5 18:09:04 EST 2001

On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> {sigh}

  Ah, the universal greeting of computer users everywhere!  :-)

> Sawfish at least remembers all the windows, even though they were all
> started in the first desktop and only one of them remembers the x-y
> placement.

  Did you try the "History" options under the "Window" menu that is usually
bound to an icon in the titlebar, or perhaps right-click in the frame?  And
then explicitly saving state?

  I'm just guessing, really; I prefer my desktop to start uncluttered.  If I
want a window to remain in a particular place, I don't close it.  Of course,
that presents problems on a public workstation or a system that is
shutdown/rebooted on a regular basis.  :)

  This is really just some auxiliary information; if I wanted to do what you
want, I would likely employ a script, like Paul and Karl do.  :)

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>