[TriLUG] Syslog server

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Thu Nov 8 10:21:42 EST 2001

Jeff Bollinger [jeff01 at email.unc.edu] wrote:
> Anyone have a really good (secure) way to set-up a syslog server, before
> I delve into How-tos and whatnot?  Here's the plan:

While not a direct answer, you asked for a secure syslog.  You might
have a loog at msyslog: http://freshmeat.net/projects/msyslog/

Basicly, it's a syslog replacement that does integrity checking
of your logs, can handle remote syslog with no problem, and can
even log to mysql or postgresql!

I've not tried it yet (it's on my list), but it looks really sweet
and I plan on playing around with it soon (after we redesign our
network at home).

Mike
--
Never trust a man who puts anything other than a finger up his nose. - _Snatch_