[TriLUG] Syslog server

Christian J Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Thu Nov 8 11:34:27 EST 2001

Jeff Bollinger:
> Anyone have a really good (secure) way to set-up a syslog server, before
> I delve into How-tos and whatnot?  Here's the plan:

First remember that syslog is *not* secure.  I would consider any university
network environment to be hostile both internally and externally so you've
got your work cut out for you finding a replacement.  :)

> I want to make sure that I have two separate and distinct logs coming
> from System B: System A's and System B's.

Hmmm syslog-ng may be a start for that level of functionality, but you may
need to do some additional hacking to make it secure (like, say, through an
SSH tunnel?)