[TriLUG] Alpha Lockups

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Thu Nov 8 22:57:02 EST 2001

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 10:47:21PM -0500, P. L. Charles Fischer spoke thusly:
> I have a Compaq XP1000 (500MHz 21264 chip) that runs Tur64 UNIX and Windows
> NT without any problems.  When I try to run RedHat 7.1 the system runs for a
> few minutes to most of a day, then locks up.
>
> Any ideas?

First up, have you applied all the errata fixes?

Does is always lock up at about the same time?

Is it a hard lock (can't switch virtual consoles)?

What do the logfiles say about the times when it locks up?

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  New email : alchemist at darkcanvas.com  --
--  http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist  --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --

"If you'll read the subtext for many of those old strips, you'll find
the heart of an old-fashioned Libertarian. And I'd be a Libertarian,
if they weren't all a bunch of tax-dodging professional whiners."
  -- Berkley Breathed, 2001