[TriLUG] even more interesting

Sinner from the Prairy sinner_prairy at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 9 09:45:11 EST 2001

>From: "Matt Jezorek" <matt at bluelinux.org>

>Since no one understood what I was trying to say I will shut up and leave
>the list. I have noticed that thru out most
>of the conversations, no one should have an opinion different then a few of
>the other members here. And if they do
>they are quickly discounted. This is  absurd. One question before I leave
>the list. Where are these OS'es and Computers
>now? You cant say its MS anti-competitive behavior that pushed them out.
>They were gone long before MS became bully's.
>If it was not for MS Desktop even though it was stolen, computers would not
>be on as many desks as they are now.

This is very funny.

See, imagine you are subscribed to a Military list. Then, you post a message
about how bad weapons are. Your post is sensible, accurate and true. But,
nevertheless, many of the people in the list post messages arguing your
points, telling things like "I make a living carrying a gun" and "the world
is no perfect, so we need gun-toting guys called 'soldiers' ..."

Then, you menace of leaving the list for its lack of openess.

Find yourself here.

It is no coincidence that Linux users are people that grew tired of bad OSes
that, instead of solving problems, crated more. People that was used to a
variety of OS and programs and, eventualy, there was one single option.
People that discovered that their DR-DOS crashed with Windows 3.x . People
that tried Unix before Windows. People that when trained in Windows 95
discovered its many flaws. People that lost many weeks of work because
problems with one Microsoft produt.... and there was no competitor to switch
the product. People that reads the (abusive) licenses (end-user license
agreement or EULA) and find it a major piece of legalesse to cover the
corporate ass of a company that does not even tried to make good products
when there were no competition. People that grew tired of finding that you
must buy yet another OS when you buy a new computer. People that grew tired
of seeing non-profit organizaions that must buy "Corporate-style" licenses
whenever they get more that a dozen computers because the current monopoly
doesn't allow to lawfuly pass OS with the donated computer.

I would recomend you some history

http://www.msnbc.com/news/594462.asp?0si=&cp1=1

Thanks God, we have now more options; thanks God, we now have Linux; thanks
God, it's Friday!

Salut,
Sinner