[TriLUG] Newbie Question

Mike McLean mamclean at eos.ncsu.edu
Fri Nov 9 11:29:05 EST 2001

Most likely, you do not have to configure anything.  But just in
case....
(I'm assuming both computer's are running linux/unix).

1) make sure sshd is installed and running on the REMOTE machine.
    # /etc/rc.d/init.d/sshd status

2) On the LOCAL machine, use ssh to connect to the REMOTE machine.
    # ssh username at remotemachine

3) You should now be in a shell on the remote machine,  try running a
few graphical programs.
    # xeyes &           (this is a good quick test)
    # xterm &
    # mozilla &

ssh is your friend.