[TriLUG] if you're upset about the feeble microsoft settlement ...

Marc Johnson marc_johnson27591 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 9 13:21:40 EST 2001

The only problem I have with going after Microsoft is: how much is it going
to cost us, and will any good come of it? Is this something for which a
strong case can be made in terms of bang for the buck?

Given the state's finances, I'm afraid this may be a non-starter. Much as
I'd like to see us on the side of the good guys, I don't see the motivation
for our attorney general to jump on this issue. In fact, I can just see the
campaign ads for his opponents next term, "and with the state's finances in
their worst condition in decades, what did he do? He decided to squander
millions of OUR tax dollars fighting Microsoft, something even the
spendthrifts in Washington were unwilling to continue. And for what?"

Just my $.02 ...