[TriLUG] even more interesting

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 10 01:13:51 EST 2001

And don't forget that the first IBM PC did not have a disk drive, but did
have a cassette recorder on which to store its programs. In essence,
Microsoft won by using the name of another company, another company which
dominated the entire computer industry at the time: IBM. When IBM chose Bill
Gates (because the owner of CP/M didn't want to do business with IBM) they
gave Gates everything he would possibly need to succeed. You can go far when
your MOMA knows the CEO of IBM!! The reason we have misunderstandings today
is the old saying: "The victors write the history books!!"--but that doesn't
mean they're correct!!