[TriLUG] if you're upset about the feeble microsoft

Ilan Volow raskinite at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 22:12:07 EST 2001

Let's look at the facts, shall we?

1. The state of North Carolina has financial
difficulties that might prevent it from engaging in a
long and costly litigation with microsoft

2. The state of North Carolina gives microsoft a lot
of money to get licenses to run Microsoft software

3. If the state of North Carolina could find some sort
of software to use instead of software that comes from
microsoft, they wouldn't have to give microsoft money.

4. The state of North Carolina, by not giving
Microsoft money, would really be sticking it to
microsoft, and would be sending the message "If you
engage in monopolistic practices and try to squash our
state industries, we will not buy your software".

5. It would not cost North Carolina a penny in legal
bills to *not* use microsoft software. In fact, they
could save quite a bit of money if they used some kind
of non-microsoft software that had licenses that
costed nothing.

Are you pondering what I'm pondering, TriLUG?

--Ilan