[TriLUG] Mandrake 8.1 is now available in Raleigh for purchase!!

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 11 00:49:32 EST 2001

Went into Compusa today and lo and behold discovered that they have received
the $30.00 edition of Mandrake-Linux 8.1. Unfortunately I have a rebate for
$20.00 off on the more expensive "Power" edition of 8.1 (which I received by
purchasing that version), which brings me to a question. I already have the
8.0 Power version, does anyone know whether or not they changed any of the
accessory software in the 8.1 Power edition. In other words, if I purchase
the cheaper 8.1 "standard" edition as opposed to the "PowerPack" version
(which I haven't yet seen in Raleigh area) are there any updates in the
commercial applications CD-2 or Via Voice, or supplementary applications CD,
etc., etc. Or is it possible that all I need is the supplementary 8.0
PowerPak disks I already have??? Put another way, I know I need the 8.1
standard disks, what I want to know is if I need the 8.1 supplements which
exist only in the Power Pack?