[TriLUG] Fwd: [[internetworkers] job opening at red hat]

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Mon Nov 12 11:01:06 EST 2001

Forwrded job info
----- Forwarded message from Beth Ellison <leonardbernst55 at hotmail.com> -----

Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 09:50:39 -0500
From: "Beth Ellison" <leonardbernst55 at hotmail.com>
To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers at franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Subject: [internetworkers] job opening at red hat

perl/mod_perl web engineers for the RHN (Red Hat Network) site. Write me if
you're interested and I'll send you along to the right person.

Beth

Job Title: Web Engineer

Red Hat is looking for some skilled web engineers to design, enhance,
and implement applications on the Red Hat web site.  You will work on
a global team to create a best-of-breed web site and implement web
services that support Red Hat's Open Source products and services.

The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:

  1. Ability to learn.  Candidate must show they can adapt to the rapidly
     changing technology landscape.

  2. Ability to communicate.  Candidate must show that they can express
     ideas with elegance and flair.

  3. Mature technical ability.  Candidate must understand how the web
     works from a low to a high level.  Candidate must also understand
     how quality software is designed and constructed.  We want you
     to think as much as you code.

Other required skills:

   Four year degree or equivalent industry experience.

   Previous experience developing web applications,
   preferably for a high volume revenue based web site.

   Understanding and experience with object-oriented design and coding.

   Experience using Perl with Apache, preferably mod_perl directly.

   Understanding of relational database concepts and SQL (prefer
   Oracle)

   Experience with HTML and HTML tools, as well as XML and XHTML.

   Knowledge of basic Software Engineering concepts: development models,
   testing, documentation, and revision control.

Pluses:

   Knowledge of Red Hat's products and services.

   Understanding of Apache 1.3.x configuration.  Knowledge
   of Apache internals and C module development also a plus.

   Expert Perl programming experience including:
     Perl web applications under Apache and mod_perl,
     Apache modules, Perl modules, Perl OOP extensions.

   Languages: Java, Javascript, Python, PHP, C, C++

   Web Technology: XML, XSLT and XML-RPC; Internationalization;
     Applications Servers (HTML::Mason, Embperl, Apache::ASP, Zope,
     Zentropa, AxKit, Cocoon etc.); Search systems and concepts;
     cookies and authentication mechanisms

   Oracle database and Oracle Applications (ERP, CRM) Experience.

---
Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!  http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: alchemist at darkcanvas.com

----- End forwarded message -----

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  New email : alchemist at darkcanvas.com  --
--  http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist  --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --

"If you'll read the subtext for many of those old strips, you'll find
the heart of an old-fashioned Libertarian. And I'd be a Libertarian,
if they weren't all a bunch of tax-dodging professional whiners."
  -- Berkley Breathed, 2001