[TriLUG] Re: Tri-Lug Project Hosting: was: [The FSF Europe recommends: avoid SourceForge (fwd)]

Brent Verner brent at rcfile.org
Mon Nov 12 16:31:10 EST 2001

On 12 Nov 2001 at 16:13 (-0500), Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney wrote:
| On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 02:37:05PM -0500, Christian J Hedemark spoke thusly:
| > Right now I am short on $$$ and equipment to donate, but long on time (for
| > the next few weeks anyway.... baby is due Dec 7).
|
| Been there, done that...kind of *grin*
|
| > Isn't the Sourceforge software itself available under an open source
| > license?  If this is the case, could we not host our own mini-sourceforge?
| > Give preference to projects hosted by TriLUG members and North Carolina
| > residents/students.
|
| I ahve some beefs with the sourceforge software. The web-boards aren't
| linked to the mailing list, so if you don't log on and check the
| webboards dailly, you'll miss things. And if something is posted to
| the mailing lsit, and not the web board, you miss things.
|
| Bugzilla is a bitch to set up and configure.

I don't know the details of this, but it runs on my pet database ;-)
It, too, shares the PHP-affliction, but otherwise /looks/ to be
a pretty neat system. I have no idea what it would take to set up,
but I will certainly volunteer to maintain the postgresql backend.

  http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/gborg/projdisplay.php

  (for some reason, the site is _s_l_o_w_ today, they may be
   getting higer than normal traffic since sourceforge is
   being frowned upon.)

cheers.
  Brent

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman