[TriLUG] Another Syslogd question

Christian J Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Wed Nov 14 22:22:47 EST 2001

I've done it successfully.

At the head end of every /etc/syslog.conf I was doing:

*.*    @loghost

The rest of the syslog.conf was mostly bone stock Red Hat issue.

I had a small number of hosts and a syslog server that was relatively idle.
Seems like a lot of logging but the machine didn't break a sweat.

This would log the default stuff locally, but EVERYTHING to the loghost.

Reverend Christian J Hedemark II
Hillsborough, NC
http://yonderway.com
"Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for a little order,
will lose both and deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin