[TriLUG] Mandrake 8.1 installation--Part TWO--the problems! accordingtoLockergnome's Penguin Shell

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 15 12:44:00 EST 2001

Gotcha!! I've actually loaded Mandrake before (8.0), and had great luck with
it. Then I had to replace my motherboard which changed a lot of my hardware
(new video card, sound now on motherboard, new modem card which had to be
PCI [since you can't easily purchase a motherboard with an ISA slot], sound
card on the motherboard, etc., etc.) so I thought it might be a good idea to
wait and get a copy of 8.1 since 8.1 was coming out! I did read the errata
page. It had one message that bothered me, don't use Supermount!! Now this
was a program I've really appreciated in the past, but apparently there have
been problems with it??????