[TriLUG] Mandrake 8.1 installation--Part TWO--the problems! accordingtoLockergnome's Penguin Shell

Sinner from the Prairy sinner_prairy at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 15 15:37:25 EST 2001

>From: "al johson" <alfjon at mindspring.com>

>Gotcha!! I've actually loaded Mandrake before (8.0), and had great luck
>with
>it. Then I had to replace my motherboard which changed a lot of my hardware
>(new video card, sound now on motherboard, new modem card which had to be
>PCI [since you can't easily purchase a motherboard with an ISA slot], sound
>card on the motherboard, etc., etc.) so I thought it might be a good idea
>wait and get a copy of 8.1 since 8.1 was coming out! I did read the errata
>page. It had one message that bothered me, don't use Supermount!! Now this
>was a program I've really appreciated in the past, but apparently there
>have
>been problems with it??????

You can select automount form start only if yous elect expert install. But
it is not worth it. Too many troubles. I installed and, aftera  week, I
unistalled.

Now, I have a couple of wonderful icons on my desktop and I'm happy with it:
rignth click -> mount / right click -> eject

For what it means, Mandrake is working on an errata kernel with this issue
solved.

Salut,
Sinner