[TriLUG] question about xine

rpjday rpjday at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 19 06:10:57 EST 2001

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> I would be interested to see, however, what state the ogle
> navigation code is in.  Last I checked, ogle was difficult
> to compile (due to the library requirements) and was missing
> a few things (like overlays).  Is this still the case?  I
> would not be surprised if it were not given the pace of
> development these days.

i'm still playing, and i noticed that there is no up-to-date
GUI frontend for the latest underlying code, but what impressed
me the most was that, after i installed the ogle rpms and the
underlying libs from the same site, it just plain ran.  no trying
to figure out the name of the .VOB file, or anything.

for anyone who wants to try it, www.dtek.chalmers.se/groups/dvd.

rday