[TriLUG] [OT] Interesting observation....

Christian J Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Wed Nov 21 08:50:17 EST 2001

rday writes:
> from all reports, ashcroft is a complete dingbat, who reportedly
> anoints himself (in the scriptural sense) with crisco oil to celebrate
> an election victory.
>
> http://wildcat.arizona.edu/papers/94/75/03_3_m.html

Argh.  This article lost all credibility in its first sentence, and sealed
its fate before the first paragraph was over.

Annointing with oil is nothing strange for Christians, either.  It's not
something I partake in but it is "normal".  The reporter in his continuing
effort to be silly is showing his intolerance of religious practice, and in
the same article complains of loss of civil liberties.  Anyone else see the
irony there?

This was either written by an idealistic child that hasn't the maturity yet
to debate an issue on actual facts (notice there were no real sources posted
to check up on some of the outrageous claims), or this is pure ultra-left
wing bed wetting propaganda.

Just a reminder, I didn't vote for any of the two bozos in the last
presidential election.  I voted Libertarian.   Had Harry Brown been
appointing an attorney general I would bet $1,000 he wouldn't put someone
like Ashcroft or Reno in there.  What?  Did I just put Ashcroft and Reno in
the same sentence?  That was no mistake.  Both of them want to remove your
civil liberties, at gunpoint.

Ashcroft is a very intelligent man from what I can see.  But his agenda is
WRONG if you compare it to the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights.  This
is nothing new for an attorney general.  Our civil liberties make it harder
for him to do his job.  Having a bad opinion doesn't make one a dingbat.
Also try to be a little more tolerant & respectful of how people choose to
practice their religion (one of our civil liberties after all).  That kind
of thinking is just as wrong when it comes from the far left AGAINST
religious practice as it is coming from the far right trying to PUSH
religious practice.

Regards,
Rev. Chris Hedemark