[TriLUG] Digital camera recommendations

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed Nov 21 17:07:17 EST 2001

I got one request but others may want it, so I put a copy of my
perl program for Kodak DC-2xx continuous shoot/download/delete/
repeat at:

   http://wetlab2.mines.edu/~edhill/

and it requires that you install

   http://ods.sourceforge.net

and set the environment variables correctly.  I usually (kernel
2.4.x) set:

   setenv ODSDEVICE /dev/usb/dc2xx0

or

   setenv ODSDEVICE /dev/ttyS0

and do a

   ks status

first to check that the cables are attached, camera in the right
mode, etc.  The defualt timings are set for a dc265 on RS232 and
they can be speeded up a bit on USB (though the write-to-flash stage
*requires* a pause so don't get too hasty).

I hope you find it useful.  If you find bugs, please let me know...

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher    |  Emails:   <ed at eh3.com>, <ehill at mines.edu>