[TriLUG] dvd mini-doc

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Wed Nov 21 22:04:30 EST 2001

rpjday wrote:

>   There is one problem I'm still fighting with.  Allegedly, the DVD
> navigator is optional, since you should be able to play a DVD file by
> using one of the "media resource locators" (or MRLs), such as:
>
>   xine file://path

I've been able to get xine to work by just specifying the
file name. (i.e. xine filename.mpg).

>   xine dvd://VTS_xx_y.VOB

In the README file for the d4d plugin, it says:

> you can play DVDs chapter-wise now. Example:
> to play title 0, chapter5-15 use an MRL like
>
> xine dvd://t0c5t15

You might try this and see what it does...

Tanner
P.S. the rest of the mini-doc looks good. :-)
--
Tanner Lovelace | lovelace at wayfarer.org | http://wtl.wayfarer.org/

  History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times
  of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to
  endure.  --  Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1989