[TriLUG] Nomad II MG Linuux driver found

D. McLamb dmclamb68 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 22 16:03:53 EST 2001

Happy Thanksgiving.

I purchased a Creative Labs Nomad II MG several months before I began using
linux.  I spent several months trying to locate a linux driver for this
device (it isn't officially supported).  I finally found a working utility
to access this device under linux at
http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/~cph/nomad.php in case anyone else has one
(deja.com is a great resource!). Note that the nomad driver at source
forge/freshmeat does not work with the MG.  The driver listed above,
however, was written specifically for this device.

I can now officially dump micro$oft. Joy!

Now on to getting rid of this hotmail account. . .

--

Cheers.

D. McLamb
dmclamb72 at linuxmail.org