[TriLUG] What have I done ( httpd ) ?

Jeremy P jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Nov 26 11:22:40 EST 2001

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Kevin Hunter wrote:

> I removed the following:
>
> pump, mailcap, apmd, kernel-pcmcia-cs, linuxconf, getty_ps,
> isapnptools, setserial, raidtools, gnupg, redhat-logos,
> rehat-release, pciutils, rmt

I would put back redhat-release, and it and redhat-logos can't possibly be
a security hazard.  I recall finding at least one Red Hat-provided script
that looked at /etc/redhat-release; maybe that's been obsoleted.  At least
I can't see any logical reason for removing it!

It seems from the error messages that something is trying to resolve a
list of hostnames consisting of the text "No IPs available" .  Is
/etc/hosts set up correctly with the IP address of your local host?  Did
you goof up the hostname/IP setting by removing pump and linuxconf?  Is
the correct hostname in /etc/sysconfig/network ?  Is networking working in
general?

--Jeremy