[TriLUG] jobs

Christian J Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Mon Nov 26 11:44:55 EST 2001

Scott says:
> i've submitted applications for the two sysadmin postings.
> been over a month and haven't heard anything.
> figure they are like everyone else, on hold until 1Q02...

Ditto.  LM is terrible about follow through.  There are a few sysadmin
positions that have been posted for MONTHS but yet they won't follow up with
the applicants they have.  I think they are just fishing for resumes but
don't have any positions open yet.  I've actually had some local companies
interview me and THEN decide to tell me the position is not yet open but
thanks for your time.  There is one company that was kind enough to tell me
up front that the process was going to be long and slow but it sounded like
a perfect fit so I've played the game their way.

I did find some good PT work but it is a long drive away.  Second interview
is this week so I am not actually working yet.  The technical challenge is
definitely there, so I hope this can come together, though I kind of wish
there were more opportunities like that one here in the triangle.