[TriLUG] Samba File Transfer speeds

Rick Gatewood gatewood at nc.rr.com
Tue Nov 27 18:08:50 EST 2001

On Tuesday 27 November 2001 02:17 pm, you wrote:
I wouldn't have a clue about how a Mac would talk to a Samba Server, but I
have noticed that my two Mandrake machines runing Samba sometimes seem to
work faster connecting to my NT 4.0 Workstation than they do with each other.
I have had better success by making sure that the NT is the Master Browser by
 setting the Samba up to lose browser elections, setup the NT as the password
server with encrypted passwords.

I am curious. What does the MAC use for SMB protocol? Is it some sort of
SAMBA?