[TriLUG] Re: LUG: problems whith X

Vestal, Roy L. rvestal at rti.org
Wed Nov 28 08:14:41 EST 2001

I've had this problem too. I went to the linux archives on NVidia's site,
and d/l'ed ?1512? driver (previous version) and compiled it instead of using
the rpm. I rarely get crashes. The 1541 crashes often on me.

Another thing i've found, login as root in runstate 3, cd to the /tmp dir
and rm -Rf * in there (very dangerous, make sure you are in /tmp, otherwise
you'll loose data, and/or your system!). Sometimes, this was all I had to do
and restart X.

I'm running an Intel chipset with an NVidia GEForce 2MX 32MB card.

Hope it helps.