[TriLUG] Server question

Christian J Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Wed Nov 28 18:16:29 EST 2001

> This is probably a stupid question but can you have a web, DNS and mail
> server behind a firewall that still has public access ?

Not a stupid question.  Yes, you can do this.  I don't recommend putting the
server behind the firewall on your private network if you can help it.
Instead I recommend a secure third leg network that is isolated so that a
compromise of this server does not further compromise your network.  That's
the commonly accepted way of doing things.