excuse me?! (was Re: [triLUG] any clues?)

John J. Cruz casacruz at bellatlantic.net
Wed Nov 28 22:35:50 EST 2001

D I S A G R E E ! ! ! !

To get to the point that you describe you must first get the OS to operate as advertised.  Installing from rh
6.2 to rh 7.2 required more then just ingesting the information between the covers of the manuals provided.

For example to get the peripherals to work I had to re-installing printconf, modify the PAM modules, and the
XF86Config file.  But the biggest and still unresolved problem is using  the TDK CDRW121032 drive.  I can not
get sound when playing music CDs.  Implementing sndconfig and selecting soundblaster allows the CMI8330/C3D
sound chip on the motherboard to work.  It is not the audio cable from the CDRW drive to the motherboard.  In
win95/rh6.2 I can/could play music CDs.

The included manuals provided no help in this area.  What would have help is troubleshooting information,
something that M$ windows never provides.

jjc

Thanks for your help.

jjc