[TriLUG] Konqueror and basic HTML formatting

gregbrown at mindspring.com gregbrown at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 29 09:23:47 EST 2001

Hey everyone.  I'm new to the list and I'm just getting back into Linux after a long walk through The Valley of Darkness (aka Valley of Microsoft; not where I wanted to go today).

Anyway, I installed RH 7.1 with the Gnome and KDE and I've been using KDE as my interface.  My question centers around the Konqueror browser.  I like the browser, mostly because it gives me some options over what to do with cookies.  The Konqueror browser seems to work great with all webpages except mine.  My web page was written totally with either MS notepad or vi and contains no special formatting past <body bgcolor="#ffffff">.  When I look at my webpage with Konqueror it looks, well, like crap.  The colors are all wrong and the framing is way off.  Is this some kind of crazy bug with Konqueror?

The next question is can Konqueror be patched in some way to fix this?

The web page is at http://www.gregorybrown.com.

Greg