[TriLUG] Gnome foundation results

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Thu Nov 29 11:32:27 EST 2001

Hi acoliver & jem,

I've read your comments about the RMS/Gnome Foundation with some interest.
I actually voted in that election (the winners all got <500 votes, so not
may folks did vote) and I didn't vote for RMS.  Why?  Well, I agree with
the gist of jem's post that RMS deserves a lot of recognition & respect
for what hes done.  Absolutely.  But I *am* very glad to see the ones who
did get on the board.  Why?  They are (AFAIK) some of the most active
Gnome developers.  They are among the prime contributators and they've
earned seats on the board.  If you look at the makeup of the winners, I
think its clear that the majority of voters were thinking along those
lines.

And I want to see _FRESH_ blood!  Lets hear it for the younger Miguels,
Fredericos, et al who are generating some good ideas and plenty of code.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher    |  Emails:   <ed at eh3.com>, <ehill at mines.edu>