[TriLUG] server up for 262 days

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at nc.rr.com
Thu Nov 29 21:59:12 EST 2001

Just my little linux stability testimonial.

My server www.superlinksoftware.com has been up for

[andy at set andy]$ uptime
  9:02pm  up 242 days,  5:43,  9 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Its running:
(RedHat 7.0)
[andy at set andy]$ uname -a
Linux set.superlinksoftware.com 2.2.16-22smp #1 SMP Tue Aug 22 16:39:21
EDT 2000 i686 unknown

[andy at set andy]$ java -version
java version "1.3.0_02"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.0_02)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.0_02, mixed mode)
(I run a lot of stuff in server mode, but the default is client)

Its an hp lc2000 or something like that (733mhz P3, 128M, scsi).  Its
strictly a webserver/appserver with Tomcat(3.2.?)/Cocoon(1.8.?)/Apache.
Its SMP capable but I'm not fully utilizing the processor I've got.

I've had to restart tomcat/apache a few times mostly due to the stuff
I've put on there/reconfigured.

Why have I gone this long without rebooting it?  Why not.

As for traffic its admittedly light, growing daily, but lots of hits
(Thanks to code red).  Ewww and I'm also running postgresql. I do test
quite a bit of java code on it.  At one time I had JBoss up, but I've
got it down right now.

So anyhow, once it rolls around to about a year I'll reboot it.

-Andy

--
www.superlinksoftware.com
			- fix java generics!