[TriLUG] RE: recommendations for virtual hosting

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Nov 30 11:39:01 EST 2001

I've used Hurricane Electric and MindSpring/Earthlink for a few domains.
Mindspring was *awful*.  They are expensive, have rotten tech support (on
hold for *hours* for three different events), broken pop accounts with
an outright *refusal* to fix them when I pointed out the breakage, and
generally a lousy attitude towards customers.  Avoid them!

Hurricane Electric has been the opposite.  I've gotten immediate help
when I called tech support, they're cheap, their admin page is easy to
use, they provide full shell access (yeah!), and their stuff just plain
*works*.  Check them out at:

   http://www.he.net

hth,
Ed

ps - I have no vested interests in HE...

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher    |  Emails:   <ed at eh3.com>, <ehill at mines.edu>