[TriLUG] Somewhat OT: IBM eSeries commercial featuring Linux

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Nov 30 11:53:55 EST 2001

Hi folks,

Did you see the recent IBM Linux commercial?

I was hacking on my laptop while my wife watched "Friends" or whatever
comes on after it last night when IBM ran a commercial featuring Linux
on a zSeries (mainframe).  I immediately swung my attention to the TV.
The script went along the lines of:

   PHB enters server room with police in tow and is
   frantically explaining how all his data and servers
   are missing--stolen!--and they need to start an
   investigation immediately...

   A hip-looking IT guy strides past them and says
   something to the effect: "oh, we put everything on
   that one box in the back" (a zSeries) and admonishes
   "I sent an email on this earlier..."

   Cut to snappy save-$-with-Linux-on-IBM slogan...

Ok, fine, call me a sap.  But I'm just thrilled to see Linux getting
high-quality air time like this.  ;-)

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD