[TriLUG] RE: recommendations for virtual hosting

Jos Purvis purvis at melete.org
Sat Dec 1 03:51:15 EST 2001

On Fre, 30 Nov 2001, Christian J Hedemark wrote:

> Now THOSE are the kinds of rates I was expecting for "affordable" hosting.
> Thank you.

	Just to add my $0.02 to this discussion, since I didn't see their name
mentioned, I've had nothing but good luck with pair.com, whose shared hosting
is all on FreeBSD systems.  $5.95/mo gets you an FTP-only account w/100MB;
I've been using the $18/mo 200MB "Advanced" option, which includes optional
SSL and up to 25 mailboxes.  They also do DNS hosting and parking, and mailing
list hosting, and despite the utter lack of phone support (all support is done
through email or SSL forms online), I've had a terrific experience with them.

		--Jos

--
/  Jos Purvis (purvis at melete.org) ||  Yet Another Security Geek  \