[TriLUG] Learning PhP + MySQL

Sinner from the Prairy sinner_prairy at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 1 17:22:45 EST 2001

>From: Ed Hill <ed at eh3.com>

>Hi Sinner,

>I just this past week setup a very basic web site for my employer
>and it uses some totally simple PHP for menu generation and HTML
>"templates".  This is my first foray into PHP and I like it a lot.
>The site is at http://wasser.mines.edu/ and I'll be happy to send
>you a tarball of the PHP source if you want.

Hi Ed,

This sounds pretty much it. If you can send me the tarball, do it at
sinner at escomposlinux.org . Thank you in advance.

>I bought the $10 ora.com PHP Pocket Ref:
>   http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/phppr/

>and between that and the free docs on php.net, I was up and running.
>Since you're already a coder, you'll probably love the following:

>   http://conf.php.net/or2001

>which has some amazingly powerful and simple PHP examples.

IT looks very interesting. Thnx for the URL!

>I've also just started using MySQL with PHP and I'm finding that
>some good docs are free PHP applications, themselves.  Use the
>source!  ;-)  I'm tinkering with a simple PHP calendar web app
>("lucid calendar") at the moment...

I just need an HTML generator based on PHP, with a content repository on
MySQL. I'll find my way out.

>hth,
>Ed

What's "hth"?

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Mandrake 8.1 - Kernel  2.4.8-26mdk     Linux Machine # 38068