[TriLUG] making module

Barry Ruvio bruvio at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 2 09:24:00 EST 2001

I have made a new kernel in order to tryout some new features with video capture. The new kernel won't run correctly and neither will the old one. The old one is having problems with finding modules. After making the new kernel I ran make modules and make module_install. I now have two subdirectories in the modules directory. One is called 2.0.4 and the original one is called 2.0.4-GB. One of the modules that the kernel can't find is the pppd and so I can't use the dialup ppp connection on Linux.
I tried doing a make mrproper to start over but this didn't help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Barry Ruvio