[TriLUG] Java on RedHat 7.2

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Mon Dec 3 16:02:56 EST 2001

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 03:48:17PM -0500, Chris Merrill spoke thusly:
> Has anyone installed Suns JDK 1.3.1 on RedHat 7.2?  We are seeing
> a different problem from 7.1 (which required creation of a symlink, among
> other fixes).

I'm using it now. Of course, I always symlink my most recent JDK to
/usr/local/java so that I don't ahve to constantly update JAVA_HOME
(and if I want to switch JDKs for testing, I just have to change the symlink)

> On the RedHat site, several people reported a problem, as well, but
> no solutions so far.

I've had no problems with Sun's 1.3.1, or, for that matter, the IBM
1.3 I installed on RHL 7.1 and didn't upgrade when I upgraded to RHL
7.2

What problem are you refergin to? Maybe I'm an exception?

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  New email : alchemist at darkcanvas.com  --
--  http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist  --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --

"If you'll read the subtext for many of those old strips, you'll find
the heart of an old-fashioned Libertarian. And I'd be a Libertarian,
if they weren't all a bunch of tax-dodging professional whiners."
  -- Berkley Breathed, 2001