[TriLUG] Re: DNS lookup of Linux server fails intermittently (OT - W2K and DNS)

Geoffrey Douglas Purdy gdpurdy at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Dec 4 10:00:19 EST 2001

> ...DNS served via Windows is horribly slow

We've noticed that.  I'd love to see us move more services to *nix, but I
think it will be a slow process.  One issue is allowing Windows sysadmins
time to become familiar with using Linux.  A second issue is developing a
corporate IT "culture" in which a heterogeneous server environment is
accepted.  The fact that the folks from Redmond spend a great deal of
effort discouraging their customers from adopting other platforms doesn't
help matters.

Thanks for pointing out the CERT advisory.  I'll pass that along to our
sysadmin.