[TriLUG] making modules

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 5 09:52:22 EST 2001

Barry,

I understand.  I suppose the first question is whether you overwrote your
previous kernel image in the /boot directory.  If not, it's an easy matter
of correcting your LILO configuration and rebooting into that kernel.
Otherwise, you may need to break out the  SuSE CD and try to reinstall the
original kernel RPM.  Of course, since the RPM database will think that
the RPM is already install (and of course it is), you may need to force
it, but I'll make no recommendations there.  I'm not RPM guru (I much
prefer Debian packages, myself), so you might want to ask some others here
about that.

Check /boot first, though, and see if you have multiple kernel images
there, and we can walk you through configuring /etc/lilo.conf if
necessary.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer