[TriLUG] icecast and xmms

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Thu Dec 6 17:45:52 EST 2001

Jon Carnes [jonc at nc.rr.com] wrote:
> What is your disk subsystem.  For streaming Audio, you will need SCSI.
> Otherwise it will be skippy...

He said the load was low... if there was I/O contention that would
have shown.  SCSI should have a negligible affect on a single icecast
stream that is doing no re-encoding.  There's something else going on,
but I couldn't tell you what, I've only run icecast on overpowered
machines because I'm doing on-the-fly reencoding.

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/