[TriLUG] icecast and xmms

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Dec 7 08:42:37 EST 2001

I'm skeptical, but in light of other testimonials I'll believe it.
Personally I've only had poor streaming performance on any low cpu system
running an IDE subsystem - unless the loads are low and the system is
dedicated to the task.

Upgrading the disk subsystem fixed "skipping" access to streaming problem
for me.  YMMV,

Jon
===