[TriLUG] Fixed IP to cable modem?

Kevin Hunter khunter at rhoworld.com
Mon Dec 10 17:40:08 EST 2001

(stupid user question)

What's the easiest way to switch from a fixed IP to DHCP client ?
I've searched the how-to's, but have only found one method, which
seemed kind of complicated.  I've removed linuxconf for security
reasons.  Otherwise, I would have used it.  I guess I could
re-install, but would prefer to learn how to get by w/o it.

This is for a RedHat 7.2 install.  Every search of RH for help
returns some gui based instructions.  Since I've tried to set this up
as a secure server, I do not have X installed.  I prefer to learn the
old fashioned way anyway.  There's more power in the command line,
I've been told...

Thx for your tolerance..