[TriLUG] Spam article on Mandrake forum... focus on Postfix and Qmail

Marc Johnson marc_johnson27591 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 13 12:29:07 EST 2001

Jon Carnes [jonc at haht.com] wrote:
>There is a nice write up on nuking spam on Mandrakes forum:
>
>http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/spam.php
>
>Isn't it amazing that there is a whole industry built on denying
>a whole separate industry...  Jon

Indeed. I've been pretty happy with spamcop (www.spamcop.net), which not
only does a nice job of filtering out the bad guys, but makes it a click of
the mouse to rat on them to their ISPs ...

As the article points out, spam needs to be unprofitable and difficult.
Getting them bounced off their ISPs adds to their costs ...

And I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think that spamcop also reports open
relays to the organization(s) cited in the article ...

A stroke of the brush does not guarantee art from the bristles.
- Kosh Naranek