[TriLUG] "XFree86-Misc" is missing

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Fri Dec 14 07:18:32 EST 2001

On Wednesday I installed WPO2000 for Linux on a two week old RH 7.2
server.  The installation went OK but I am having some FontTastic
problems that I am working through.  The thing is I have been seeing the
following error in a few situations.

"Xlib: extension "XFree86-Misc" is missing on display.."

When I log on as a either root or a regular user from an xterm and run
wordperfect from the command prompt, I get an "Xlib: extension
'XFree86-Misc" is missing on display.."  error on the command line.  I
have also noticed that I get the same error when I do "xset q."  I do
not know if I would have gotten this error before installing wordperfect
or not.  The only thing that I did that was somewhat out of the ordinary
when installing wp was add the compat-glib-6.2-2.1.3.2.i386.rpm from the
RH 7.2 CD to the system because it was not already installed.

Any ideas on how to correct this problem?
--

Janyne