[TriLUG] Spy vs. Spy

Paul D. Boyle boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Fri Dec 14 09:52:14 EST 2001

Jeff Bollinger wrote:
> I'm working on a web document for work, and I'd like to have a brief
> section describing the idiosyncrasies of different, popular Linux
> distributions.  The only two I've really used at RedHat and Slackware.
> I'm thinking something like:
>
> With about a paragraph or so for each.  Is there already a web page I
> can visit that does this already?

Try looking at http://www.distrowatch.com/  It tabulates information about
the distributions very nicely (e.g. which kernel version is associated
with  a given distribution and release, same info available for glibc,
KDE, GNOME, XFree86  and other important packages.  It gets updated fairly
frequently as well.

I think this URL may be a candidate for a link on the trilug site, as I
think it would be that useful for the TRILUG membership.

Paul

Paul D. Boyle			    |	boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Director, X-ray Structural Facility |	phone: (919) 515-7362
Department of Chemistry - Box 8204  |	FAX:   (919) 515-5079
North Carolina State University     |
Raleigh, NC, 27695-8204
http://laue.chem.ncsu.edu/web/xray.welcome.html