[TriLUG] Kernal update issue

Craig Duncan craigduncan at nc.rr.com
Fri Dec 14 13:56:34 EST 2001

Mandrake 8.1
Used Software manager to update kernal from 2.4.8-26 to 2.4.8-34
Download and install of rpm went without a hitch.

When I reboot, the system locks on "Loading Linux........"
I can boot the "failsafe" option from LILO, but much is not working due to
"Cannot find module /lib/modules/xxxx.2.4.8-26/module.so" or something
similar.
I noticed that in the boot directory, there were several soft links that
were broken due to the change in version, so I fixed those that I could with
the exception of initrd.img and initrd-enterprise.img which do not seem to
have a corresponding img file for the 2.4.8-34 kernal and the x-26.img files
are no longer there.

So how do I find/create the .img files that I need?

Craig Duncan
craigduncan at nc.rr.com