[TriLUG] OT: Lord of the Rings

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Sun Dec 16 21:54:11 EST 2001

On Sun, 2001-12-16 at 19:57, Christian J Hedemark wrote:
> Tanner says:
> > The Wynnsong Theater is probably the best one in Durham right now,
> > and it happens to be right behind my house. :-)
>
> -1.  The Wynnsong has an overly ghetto vibe to it.  If you like to hear
> Honda Civics driving by the theater with subwoofers drowning out the movie,
> Wynnsong is the place to go.

I think you must be confusing it with another theater.  I've never,
ever, ever had that kind of problem at the Wynnsong.

> There's another theater on Weaver Dairy Road in Chapel Hill that is much
> more enjoyable.  Comfy seats, little audio crossover from other shows, and a
> less obnoxious audience to share the film with.  Parking is tricky but
> unlike Wynnsong you don't hold your breath on the way out wondering if your
> car was broken into.

Excuse me?!?  You DEFINITELY have it mixed up.  The Wynnsong is in a
very good neighborhood and there is no chance your car will be broken
in to while attending a movie there.

> Unfortunately I don't think they are doing an early showing of LOTR so it
> may be moot.

Well, as Bill mentions elsewhere, the Wynnsong is sold out for
Tuesday night.  I can't say I'm surprised, though.  For Episode I
people actually lined up days in advance.  I think that is what
really spurred them to start selling tickets early...  Anyway,
whenever you get to see it, it will still be just as good. :-)

Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace | lovelace at wayfarer.org | http://wtl.wayfarer.org/

 History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times
 of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to
 endure.  --  Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1989